Notifications
Clear all

Eupho tail/handle removal or modification

Page 1 / 2

(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Hi folks,

The Eupho is the latest addition to my Aneros stable, and I've chosen to keep it intact for the time being. But have noticed that the tail/handle is rubbing, or being held in place by the bed when I lay on my back. Which is the only Aneros position I use.

So I'm curious...
How many of you have completely or partially removed, or modified in some other way, the tail/handle on their Eupho? And how did you like the end result in terms of how it works in an Aneros session?

My concern is that because the P-tab is the same style as the Helix, which I own and have completely removed the tail/handle, that I would have the same problems of the P-tab wandering off center during Aneros sessions. I also feel like through using the Eupho intact that the tail/handle seems to help encourage more firm P-tab pressure which is fine by me. So it seems that if I were to modify the tail/handle, it would make sense to either remove just enough to keep it from rubbing on the bed, or heat up and bend the loop part of the tail/handle towards the P-tab to try and accomplish the same result. But I'm not sure if this would work as well as it seems. Or perhaps the performance of the Eupho is just better without any tail/handle at all?

Would love to to hear peoples thoughts and/or experiences about this. Thanks.

(@braveneworld)
Noble Member Customer

@Love_is I have the same models and are modified the same as you and are looking at doing the same for my new eupho.I am going to cut the tail at about 1 or 1.5" as this is what another user has done. He sleeps with his anero often.
I think coz it is so skinny it needs a tail to keep it straight.
I also thing it needs to have a bit of tail to act as a spring.
My helix has the tail removed right at the shaft and if I had my time again I would have left a inch of tail on it.

How are you finding your eupho compared to the helix.
My fist session was a dud but last night blew my mind, multiple massive erections and the thing got moving so fast it felt like it was flicking my prostate. It also felt like the tip of the eupho was in my penis. really weard feeling but awesome.
She is my new favorite! :D/

ReplyQuote
(@slimjm)
Honorable Member Customer

After months of "rewiring" and practice it was getting the Eupho that put me over into orgasm land, so for over a year with it being my favorite "go to" model it was hard to bring myself to start cutting on a $100 piece of plastic. Finally did though and removed the tail right at the shaft leaving just a smoothly filed off nub and was it ever like a new piece of equipment! I never knew that thing could wiggle and tickle my insides like that and as to my fears the tail was useful in serving as a rudder to maintain stability and prevent the P-tab from wandering about on my perineum, my fears were totally ungrounded. The P-tab never moves but the whole thing dances about inside like never before.

ReplyQuote
(@twlltin)

All my Aneros devices have had their tails docked just above the loop. Except the Progasm and Vice, that is, as they don't have tails.

ReplyQuote
(@braveneworld)
Noble Member Customer

So @slimjm are you saying that the eupho was better without the tail or you had not tried it with the tail so therefore could not say for certain.I get best results on my side so I am not sure it matters but it does make it easy to move around without getting jagged with my helix.
It is of real interest that you say the p-tab stays put...... 😕

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

For what is worth: at 160*C you can bend the white plastic tail. Don't use a flame. Heat gun is good. It gives you an option before a terminal cut! I do this to all my acetal massagers. I can sleep with them. Of course the tail can always be removed later if desired.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@braveneworld - That was exactly my thought for both of those reasons. I also would have done the same with my Helix, as far as leaving some of the tail on if I had known at the time. Oddly enough, my MGX has no such problem of the P-tab wandering off center even though its handle/tail has been completely removed. But I suspect it has to do with it's much more aggressive P-tab holding it in place.

“How are you finding your eupho compared to the helix.”

It's quite different. I've had some real promising sessions that shows it's potential, and others that did nothing. It definitely moves quite a bit more than other models. I'll need to work with it more before I have a good feel for what it can do. Mind you, I haven't achieved super-O's yet, so no idea of it's orgasmic potential.

@slimjim – That's great that the P-tab stays put for you without a tail/handle on your Eupho. I wonder though if this issue varies with each person? Do you have a completely tail-less Helix that the P-tab also stays put for you?

@isvara – Thank you for the idea. So are you saying that I could potentially soften the plastic near the shaft, bend the tail/handle out of the way temporarily to test it that way, and bend it back to it's normal position if I don't like how it perform without a tail/handle? Also, would a 1500 Watt hair dryer on high heat setting get hot enough to accomplish this? I don't own a heat gun.

ReplyQuote
(@slimjm)

Maybe it didn't come across clearly enough that I used the Eupho for over a year "as is" out of the package all the while it was my favorite. When I finally brought myself to cut on the thing and removed the tail it was even better, night and day different. And yes, the P-tab still stays put and doesn't move out of position. As to position, nothing happens for me on my side. It's all on my back. But then I don't experience violent movements of the massagers. Just long in-strokes during involuntaries that bring on breath-taking O's.

ReplyQuote
(@tomasheen)
Reputable Member Customer

I have a Eupho and it does me very well. I cannot see the benefit of removing the tail except that if you are sitting inclined or always on you back it would be less inclined to cause hurt. I am a side user and I have tried different positions to no avail. Also I use a small cushion to lift my bent knee off the bed. This helps to give my penis a little more room for free movement when it wishes to erect and go down. I find that most useful. I am reluctant to alter what is a rather expensive item. Also I think it looks rather nice with the two end curves!

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

Love_is
I tried a hot hair dryer it is not hot enough. It does soften the tail a bit but not enough to erase the plastics memory. Yes I heat the tail near the stem and bend the tail sort of back a bit. I also heat and tighten the curl into a ring so it is more contained. The tail on my modification it about 25mm proud of the stem. Takes a while. I think could reheat and return it to its original profile. I experimented quite a bit and did not have any breakage. In theory acetal melts at 180*C. I am not sure of the Aneros composition, it may have a higher melt point. 160*C seems safe.
Acetal is the white plastic as in the MGX. I think the Eupho is acetal. I have not got mine yet -still coming. It also worked with red plastic of the Helix-SYN.

I did this because I thought the tail was needed for balance. It seems from the above posts it is not. Perhaps its function is to enable less agile folk to get a hold on the massager to remove it!!

Not sure if I can post a picture or if the forum will allow a 'mutilated' Aneros to be posted

ReplyQuote
(@pommie)
Noble Member Customer

isvara,

Before the site crash earlier this year, there were several images posted in this forum of many Aneros tools that had been modified, so it seems that the authorities have no objection! I reckon they took the view that if a user found it worked for him to modify them, then why not?

I have actually modified all of my MGX, Helix, Eupho, Maximus and SYN models by removing just the curly bit of their tails. Although I don't find the "lying on my back" position to be the best for me, I still find that the extended tail to be a distraction. I still do feel that some tail is necessary to provide 'directional stability', rather like the tail fin of an aeroplane! Keeps the nose pointed towards the prostate - so to speak!

As to movement of the P tab, with or without the tail, the tab of the MGX still seems to move off-centre if I change position and I invariably have to reposition it after shifting. This is odd as the P tab of the MGX is larger than any of the others except the Maximus.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

The rough top image is due to my inept photoshop skills.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@slimjim – I understood your first post, but thank you for the further clarification. What I was trying to find out is whether you have a Helix with the same complete removal of handle/tail, and if the P-tab stays in place for you. If this was the case, then perhaps your body type and what you do with the Aneros allows this mod to work for you with this same type of P-tab design that these two models share. Then in that case I'd be inclined to think that I'd get the same problem of the P-tab wandering off center if I completely removed the tail/handle on my Eupho, just like my Helix does. Seems to make sense...

@Tomasheen – You are absolutely correct. I'm always on my back, other positions don't work for me. So the tail/handle does get in the way. Mind you, you did remind me that I should try the intact Eupho with a folded up towel under my buttocks to see if there is a difference in performance without the tail/handle catching on the bed. Thank you!

@isvara – Thank you for the information and pictures. Very helpful! Unfortunately, without owning a heat gun, it's not something I can do. But it makes sense as a better mod for complete tail/handle removal without losing the ability to easily remove the Aneros. Assuming I ever do modify my Eupho, I'll probably have to settle for cutting the tail/handle near the curl and smooth the cut end with my Dremel tool. At least this way I could go in steps so if I was not satisfied with it this way, then complete removal would still be an option.

@Pommie – I totally agree with you that some amount of tail is necessary for directional stability. Although judging from what you and slimjim have related and my own personal experience, it possibly depends on the person and the Aneros model. Although I will say that in my experience, any of the Aneros models, whether intact or not, shift about when changing positions. As long as it stays put when not changing position from it's normal range of motion.

Anyone else want to share some photos or information of Aneros modifications they have done?

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

So my current solution that works for now, is to use a folded up towel under my buttocks. It keeps the tail/handle from being interfered with and hindered by the bed surface. Oddly enough, I thought this would allow the Eupho to move more freely in and out. But what I found, is what it does do is allow the Eupho to auto position itself with the P-tab closer to my anus than would otherwise not be possible with the Tail/handle resting against the bed surface. That being said, the Eupho is now my current favorite in place of the former MGX. I've had some really amazing sessions with it so far, even though I've yet to achieve super-O's. I still progress and am amazed at what I feeling in my sessions.

I think though that I will leave the option open to partially remove the tail, as having a folded up towel under my buttocks doesn't put the lower back in a good position. Especially when having long sessions. I'll update here in the future if I do so.

ReplyQuote
(@slimjm)

Love_is, I had a tailless Helix I gave away. Being 6'2" it never seemed to reach the "spot" inside the way the somewhat longer Eupho could, with or without tail for either model. But with the larger diameter and more aggressively forward pointed "head" on the Helix, its P-tab would migrate some on my perineum with the tail removed, which with the rounder, less forward pointed "head" on the Eupho is not the case. The Maximus, for which I've not ever removed the tail, with its even more aggressive shape inside wanders "off center" the most.

So I think its more the difference in models than an internal difference in me. Does that help any?

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

I found a cavity on the critical front edge of my MGX. Thought it was terminal. Tiny brown spot was an opening into grotty cavity ( e.g. Think dentist!).

Drilled it out and filled the cavity with most of the MGX's tail. (220-240*C needed to melt/weld the acetal). It still needs final polishing but tried it this night. It was very good.

Where am I going with this - the short tail seemed to be better than my curled over tail. With this MGX I will experiment further. - nothing to lose.

ReplyQuote
(@badger)
Prominent Member Customer

That's an ingenious idea, isvara. I've always wondered if you could do that with the plastic.
Related to this, have you thought about taking the tail plastic, melting it and forming it around the abutment tab to make it spherical?

ReplyQuote
 rook
(@rook)
Member Adventurer

Love_is makes an excellent point. We aren't all shaped the same so what works for one man may not be the best for another. Guys with bph or who are into bulking their PC muscle group might take note.

I have an enlarged (45-50 gram) prostate that tends to shove Helix's bulbous head to one side or the other. That's aggrevated by a perineum, muscled-up along it's centerline. So I've got deep ditches on either side of the road and need all the centering force I can get for Helix. I rather like Eupho's wandering ways though so have removed the curly part of the tail, but no more.

@isvara -- cool work man! I'm 'wowed' by your trailblazing, the risks you took, and what you achieved.

@Pommie -- yup, if one is to fly straight, he needs a lot of tail! 🙂

For me, tail trimming seems to work better for the toys that have more bulk in the lower body. (SGX, MGX, Maximus and PS-New). Both my SGX and Maximus are completely 'de-tailed' (just a smooth nub). I've left my Helix 'stock' as I get my most intense orgasms on my side and usually enter a fetal curl when my abs contract.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@slimjim – Thank you! That was exactly the information I was looking for. That is interesting that it seems to imply that for some men, it may be the inserted shape of the Aneros that dictates how well the P-tab stay centered.

@isvara – That's pretty amazing that you did that! For future reference, I'm willing to bet Aneros would have replaced such an obviously defective unit for you.

@Badger – You might be thinking along the same lines I was the other day. Perhaps HIH/Aneros might consider doing a redesign on future models of the tail/handle. My thought was to have a shortened tail as if the the curl part was clipped off, so as to keep the prostate massager centered. And make a small loop of plastic big enough to put one finger through to pull the device out. This loop would go from the center of the stem to further up on the P-tab arm. So that if anyone was wanting to completely remove the centering tail, they'd still have an easy way to remove the prostate massager via the finger loop. Although I suppose ideally if there were a way to do so, make the centering tail, or the current tail/handle non-permanently detachable so the user could experiment and decide what works for themselves without the removal being permanent.

@rook – Thanks for your input and sharing your experiences on this subject.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

@Love_is. (I don't know how you do the red thing)
I certainly would have asked for an exchange but I live on the other side of the world.

So it is now my fun toy in more ways than one!
This MGX now has a cute mini tail and is polished to a shiny finish.
The mini tail is just enough to be a usable extaction handle.
The shine finish with oil based lubes seem to be excellent. (I suspect it would not work with a water based lube)
I am on an Aneros plateau so I am keeping interested while waiting for my rewiring to progress.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

It did the red thing automatically on posting.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@isvara - That makes sense.

Yes, when you put the at sign in front of a users name from this forum, it turns it red, changes it into a link to their profile, and notifies the user that they have a response.

ReplyQuote
(@braveneworld)
Noble Member Customer

Dont know about anyone else but when using the eupho the tail hits the backside of my butt.If you were to remove the tail completely then you would change the insertion length and the angle that it sits in the rectum.
See picture to see what I mean.
The red line shows the standard insertion length.
If you remove the tail completely the insertion length and angle will change anywhere from the yellow line to the red line.
When I modify mine I will be only be removing the hook part.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

braveneworldInteresting. I am never sure how far the Helix profile is meant to go in. Mine seems to naturally stop before the final bulb (unlike the SGX profile that snuggly fits with or without a normal tail.) However I am only in the passive rewire stage! To cut where the red line touches the tail would have the docked tail hitting the mattress. Strange that I intuitively repositioned my new welded MGX docked tail to make up some of the loss of angle - just felt it was right - feels very good. Good diagram. Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@braveneworld)
Noble Member Customer

@isvara yes My modified Helix seems to work fine but the p-tab is not as high as the eupho and the shaft is bigger so the muscles hold it in place. If you look at the picture of both of them on top of each other the p-tab is defiantly longer on the eupho.When the helix had the tail it did not hit my butt so the angle has not changed since modification.
If I had my time again I would leave a inch of the tail there.
NOTE they are directly on top of each other it is just the angle of the camera that makes them look like they are not.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

braveneworld
Thank you for the info and pics. I felt that 20-25mm tail was as short as I was comfortable with. I think as you have shown that each model needs a different modification. I have a 20/25mm tail on a MGX and a SGX and that works for me. All good information. I may post a pict of my repaired and docked MGX.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@isvara - Is 20 to 25mm long enough for the tail to still do it's centering job and not cause any discomfort in use? I just measured that out on my Eupho, and it seems rather short. I'm thinking if I'm going to do a partial tail/handle removal, that I would first try a cut at 1.5"/38.1mm. This would put it at approximately where the red line ends on Braveneworld's first posted photo. The idea being to preserve the original angle of insertion, and where the tail rests between the buttocks. But I don't know if this will be short enough to keep it from rubbing on the bed without a folded up towel to raise my buttocks off the bed. At least I can always cut off more if needed, rather than the other way around of not being able to add more.

ReplyQuote
(@braveneworld)
Noble Member Customer

@Love_is You must have a skinny ass 😛 MY unmodified eupho does not snag the sheets. In saying that I will give it the snip still at the end of the red line just in case. I have slept with it in about 4 times.It is like putting a pacifier in babies mouth, my rear just sucks on it after my session and I go off to sleep and then wake up hours latter with the thing still sucking away and I wonder what the hell happened? Content feeling I guess and exhaustion after a session. Never had it snag yet but the helix was different, It did touch the sheets just....Go figure?
I think in the eupho case less snipping is more. (better)

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@braveneworld - Yes, I'm a slender and fit fellow. So no extra padding on my behind. LOL

I haven't modified my Eupho yet. But am planning on it when I can motivate myself to dig my Dremel tool out of the bottom of my closet to shape and smooth out the cut end.

Oddly enough, sometime last week during an Aneros session with the Eupho, I found myself tired, so removed the folded up towel turned on my side and took a short nap. At some point during the nap, I was woken up by my anus involuntarily doing two quick and hard contractions in succession. And then nothing. Quite surprising and interesting though. I wonder what I was dreaming about that might have caused this? LOL

ReplyQuote
(@cockadoodle)
Reputable Member Customer

Hi, everyone, hope your summer was grand!

All my Aneros models are "tail-less" and cut just like Braveneworld's Helix in the photo above.

I find the movement is much freer and they all work just grand. My Eupho is my Aneros of choice for overnight wear, and the sensations it provides me are superb.

Remember, every Aneros session is going to be a little different anyway, so don't expect the same results every time even with the same model.

It's all good.

Cockadoodle

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Skip to toolbar